Pages

13 August 2012

Another Day, Another Shower

My second mom, Mari-Beth, and I threw a family bridal shower for my new sister-in-law so all of the Michiganders could get to know her.
breeshower

I have to say that I was a little out of my element for this one. I have the set up all figured out for parties that I throw at home. Being in a different place and not having access to my platters, backdrops, tables, and seating arrangements threw me for a loop. But in the end, everything turned out just fine and we had a great desserts party, despite the fact that we had a tablecloth crisis forty-five minutes before the event started. We sent my brother to get a new one (15 minutes there and back) and then I ironed like a mad woman on our travel size ironing board. It always has to be something, right? And of course everyone showed up 10 minutes early so the pictures I took were minimal.
DSC_0999

We did another lemonade bar with fruit cube mix-ins since it was such a hit at the last baby shower I threw. At least this time the straws were the right height. And yes, I packed twelve tall glasses in my carry-on luggage. And thankfully Mari-Beth provided the other twelve.
DSC_1004

DSC_1001

DSC_0982

DSC_0983

DSC_0986

The raspberry sorbet served in carved out lemons was my favorite part.
DSC_0991

DSC_1016

We seemed to be laughing the entire time that Aubree opened her gifts. It was so much fun for family members to get to know her better before they attended the Michigan reception.
DSC_1008

And now I think I'm officially being put on a party planning hiatus, as per my husband's request. We'll see how long it lasts :) 


1 comment:

  1. Such a cute shower!! As always. I love the red & white stripes. And the invitation is one of my favorites. I laughed out loud that you packed your lemonade glasses and brought them to Michigan. You're the best. I'm glad the lemon/sorbets turned out, those are so cute. Well, well done.

    ReplyDelete