Pages

30 January 2012

Valentine's-y

I wasn't going to bother with Valentine's Day decor this year.

But then, some friends and I decided to host a baby shower for a neighbor. And my house was looking a little bare after clearing away all of the Christmas stuff.

So, I gathered some Valentine's Day remains from last year and added a few new touches.

And then the baby shower was postponed because she had her baby two days before the scheduled shower date. What are the chances? Not that I can really blame her for going into labor early.

At least I am left with some fun Valentine's-y touches that probably wouldn't have been put up otherwise.

A new banner for the fireplace.
DSC_0504

I am drawn to aqua for every season lately.
DSC_0512

DSC_0519

I made a heart wreath last year for the living room. Yes, I have a wreath fetish.
DSC_0530

DSC_0523

DSC_0535
subway art via

To kick off the season of love, my friend hosted a cookie decorating girls' night out. She is the cookie queen and mine didn't turn out even close to the caliber of cookies that she creates, but it was still fun to try. And I can never complain about laughing so hard that I cry with the girls while doing something crafty simultaneously.
DSC_0408

A certain almost-two-year-old pulled up a chair and took a bite before I could capture the final product. 
DSC_0478

I'm glad that I got lured back in to the Valentine's Day "extras" once again. It's always fun to have a little something to celebrate, especially when it can be enjoyed in a non-stressful way.


6 comments:

  1. Where did you get those cute little clothespins for your cute little banner--I think I know. :) Funny that Nashy only took a bite instead of eating the whole cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only because I stopped him before he ate the whole thing. I could sense the mischief from the other room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the decorations, especially the wreath. Do you have a tutorial for that? Those cookies rock. Although I must confess to feeling jealous that you laughed so hard you cried with other girlies. :( I love that Nashy nibbled on the cookie. Can't really blame him though, can you?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your banner looks great! I really like that you did the word off-centered. It's hard to get the full effect from that picture, though. Guess I'm just gonna have to come over and see it in person...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have recently become obsessed with Pinterest. I have to say that you should put your stuff on there. The section on DIY (Do It Yourself) stuff and crafts - I feel like you have so much you could put on there.

    ReplyDelete