Pages

18 January 2012

Rhythm and a Train Park

Part of the reason our trip felt like such a whirlwind was because I was working. A lot.

I was enjoying every second of it, but jumping in full force to a new design venture turned out to be incredibly difficult to balance in the midst of the holidays.

I feel like I have a really good rhythm going now. 

I'm getting quicker and learning some shortcuts that condense the work into the hours that the boys are sleeping (for the most part).

I'm actually getting full nights of sleep again.

Balancing work and home responsibilities, I feel, is allowing the time that I spend with Blake and Nash to be more qualitative. I feel so blessed to be able to do something I love from home. I feel like I'm constantly glowing from the sense of accomplishment that I receive, and, in some odd way, I feel motivated to be a better wife and mom in return.

But those few weeks leading up to the new year were just plain insane. I felt so in over my head as I learned new coding techniques and the ropes of the company. And because every spare minute counted towards getting designs ready for the launch of our new site, I had to pick and choose the outings I participated in. 

I decided to forgo the train park night in exchange for a quality date night with Troy. We visited the train park two years ago, and I knew that the experience would be pretty much the same the second time around. Plus, the boys had plenty of adults to share their excitement with. 

However, knowing that there was still a part of of me that wanted to be there, my brother and his girlfriend captured the moments that I missed.

It made me smile as I looked through the pictures, imagining the things that were putting those huge grins on their faces.

DSC_0307-57

DSC_0319-64

DSC_0303-53

DSC_0327-71

DSC_0329-73

DSC_0299-49

DSC_0300-50

DSC_0337-78

DSC_0338-79

DSC_0339-80


2 comments:

  1. Great pics. I know what you mean though - in a way - I started online school last year. I was eager for the experience but worried about being a mother and a studen (at the same time). I found my groove and it is about quality time with the kids. Not trying to do everything all at once. Congrats on the new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogs look great! I'm glad you're finding shortcuts and able to get things done while the boys are sleeping. I hope things keep going well with designerblogs.

    ReplyDelete