Pages

23 December 2011

Pre-Christmas Happenings

Before we hit Christmas I must touch on a partial list of our pre-Christmas happenings.

In my cake pop baking marathon, I made some peppermint cake pops.
DSC_0009

DSC_0008

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care.
DSC_0213

We delivered our simple neighbor gifts. I'm all about simplifying this year.
DSC_0196

We paid a visit to the jolly old man (with a really tacky background). We waited in line to see him twice because Blake was heartbroken after the first time that he forgot to ask Santa if he had a Rudolph.
santa

We saw a few different displays of holiday lights.
DSC_0137

I got to join Blake at preschool for his Christmas party. He strategically built stairs and a landing pad for Santa on his gingerbread house.
DSC_0172

I continue to be so impressed with his preschool. After decorating gingerbread houses, they had a magician come in to do a Christmas magic show for the children. It was hilariously right on their level. Blake turned to me several times and exclaimed, "Mom, this magic show is SO funny." He was even picked to be the special helper after jumping up with his arm practically coming out of the socket when the magician asked for a volunteer.
DSC_0181

The magician turned sheets of tissue paper into a Santa hat.
DSC_0183

Blake wiggled his fingers and turned the blank Frosty into a colorful Frosty.
DSC_0189

Another night we were thoroughly entertained with Blake's Christmas program. Grandma and Grandpa flew in from Hawaii just in time to attend the performance.
DSC_0164

Blake was thrilled to show them his classroom before the performance began.
DSC_0160-2

He loves his buddy Brycen who also "starts with a B."
DSC_0217

When the children filed onto the stage, they all had cute little Rudolph noses.
DSC_0167

Blake waved frantically when he spotted us with smiles stretched from ear to ear.
DSC_0168

I was happy that he actually sang all of the songs.
DSC_0178

He hammed it up a little bit.
DSC_0170

We were so proud of our little Rudolph.
DSC_0183-1

I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the handmade ornaments from church and school that have started filling our tree, until I received this creation from Blake after his program. How could I throw these treasures away?
DSC_0230


5 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of Christmas fun! I love the gifts for your neighbors, it is simple and the tag is a cute touch! I might have to steal that idea from you :) The boys look so cute in all your pictures, and Blakes little suit jacket and tie is adorable! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas! Oh, and I would keep every handmade ornament too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures, and love your hair in that pic. Haven't seen it straight in awhile! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cake pops!! and what a great neighbor gift idea! and wow-- i'm impressed with how social blake is! Quinn would have never gotten up in front of parents to sing songs-- or volunteer for the magician!! That's awesome that he is so outgoing. he is such a cute little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so patient to wait in the line twice! That is so sweet! The cake pops look awesome! You have a lot of neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these pictures of Blake-he is adorable! And I agree, that was really sweet of you to get back in line for him!

    ReplyDelete