Pages

07 December 2011

Four

Back in real life, I've been lamenting the fact that Blake's birthday falls around the holidays.

I feel like we can never properly celebrate his big day in between Christmas parties and decorations and gifts and cards and visiting out of state family and on and on and on.

Luckily, Blake is still young enough that he doesn't realize that he's getting slightly jipped on the partying and presents end of things.

Because holding up four fingers for the first time is magical to him, regardless of what month his birthday falls.

Four things I love about Blake:

1. He is very detailed and deliberate in all of his conversations. I never really realized that he was unique in that way until some of my friends commented on how they get a kick out of his unending flow of information.

2. The way he counts everything in sightAnd once he passes nineteen, he exclaims, "Twenty Hundred!" every time.

3. His imagination takes him into a wonderland of machine construction.

4. The way he closes his eyes and nods when he really wants to convey something important.

Happy Birthday to our favorite four year old.


4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to my favorite four-year-old too! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Happy Birthday Buddy! That's a great picture of him. His card is going out even later, because you never answered my text today. :( It's ok. Katie sent me your address, but it was too late by then. I'll get it out tomorrow. Sorry we are lame-o!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can't believe your baby is four years old! I swear these years that our kids are young just goes by in a flash

    P.S. I can tell from stuff you have posted in the past you guys have done an amazing job celebrating Blake's birthday so far! Kudos to you and Troy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Blake!! You're turning into such a handsome guy.

    ReplyDelete