Pages

14 March 2011

Simplicity

I spent the weekend alone with the boys while Troy was in D.C.

I expected to be bored and lonely, but I actually enjoyed the simplicity.

We played at the park and made grilled cheese sandwiches upon request for dinner. We attended a baptism and had lunch with friends. Blake and I had a movie night with our gas station candy of choice. We snuggled under a warm blanket. I got caught up on my email correspondence (I'm not always the best at that). I tackled a bit more of my ongoing project to add labels to old blog posts in my efforts to index our blog (man alive I used a lot of exclamation points back in the day). I took the boys to church where there were over 400 people in attendance for a missionary farewell. I gave them a never ending supply of bread and rice puffs to keep them quiet in a jam packed chapel. Blake gave his first scripture in Primary, which he had mostly memorized.

But most of all, I enjoyed my two little sweethearts. We played in the sandbox. We pretended to be monsters in the "magic dark." We built trains out of duplos. We practiced going down the stairs with Nash.

I wondered, when did I blink? How did they got so big?





3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I'm so glad your weekend was still good. I kept thinking of you all weekend and wanted to invite you over or something, but we were out the whole time. Next boys weekend I promise.

    ReplyDelete