Pages

16 February 2011

V-day Celebrations

I completely spaced on celebrating Valentine's Day this year. We never do anything elaborate, but at 10pm on the night before the big day, I figured that I should plan something somewhat festive for my boys. Thankfully, my friend Amber came to the rescue with the idea of having a home scavenger hunt. I hid hearts all over the house with pictures of where to find the next clue.


The clues led to Valentine presents. And by "presents," I mean that I did my own little scavenger hunt through the house and gathered items to give to the boys. When they are three and one, they don't know the difference between store-bought and home-scrounged.

Blake and I made heart shaped jello jigglers.


And my Valentine made pink heart-shaped pancakes.

We topped the night off with festive smoothies.

I think those flowers from my sweetheart will arrive any day now. We always wait until after Valentine's Day for the flower purchase. It's much more economical, and I don't need them on Valentine's Day in order to feel loved. I am just lucky to have three strapping Valentines.


3 comments:

  1. it looks like it came together great for being so last minute!! i love your heart pancakes and smoothies-- so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blake looks a lot more thrilled in his picture (with the jello hearts) than Troy does. Ah, the excitement of a three-year-old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your practicality Nashy #1! We are the same way. We don't go out to dinner on V-day because it's so expensive (not to mention crowded in any restaurant). We wait until after to celebrate too! You're right, the love is still there :)

    ReplyDelete