Pages

09 February 2011

Farewell

Next month, Troy's parents are moving to Hawaii. 

They will spend two years there, teaching an entrepreneurship class at BYU Hawaii. They'll live down the street from the beach. Rough life, right?

They've been trying to decide what to do ever since my father-in-law was laid off from his job last summer, and this opportunity seemed like the perfect fit. Since it isn't a formal mission, they will still have have the freedom to leave and visit family during school breaks. Plus, it's Hawaii. No brainer!

We sure are going to miss them though. It's going to be strange not having any extended family around.

The move to Hawaii was up for discussion but not quite finalized over the holidays. Since it was probably going to be the last time we'd all be together for a while, they wanted to take some family pictures. And man oh man was it freezing outside. We had to go inside the cabin in between every shot to warm up.

We'll be on board at any point to visit them at those Hawaiian beaches. 

















4 comments:

  1. Love, love those blue-eyed little boys! My favorites are the one of Blake yawning picture and the last one of Nashy in the hat. BTW, the rest of family is nice-looking too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! I love all the different and fun colors you are all wearing. Hawaii would be a no brainer to me since I am looking at the window at snow falling. I bet you will miss them but I bet you will have fun visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those all turned out great! Good looking family! I love the ones of you and Troy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, when you need company visiting your in-laws in Hawaii we are so there! What fun!

    Love all the pictures, but I think my favorite are the two of you and Troy.

    ReplyDelete