Pages

07 January 2011

Eve 2011

Each year, I set expectations for New Year's Eve to be exciting and set apart from other nights. I always end up disappointed when we inevitably do the same things that we do all the time. We eat, we put the kids to bed, we watch a movie, we stay up a little later than usual, blah, blah, boring.

So, this year, I really wanted to make our New Year's Eve celebration memorable and distinguishable from the monotony of every other night. We joined together with the Tanners and Sanders (cousins) to par-tay. The evening was ushered in with three types of cheese fondue which in my opinion is the greatest meal ever. We finished off the chocolate course just before the clock struck midnight.

For entertainment, I created a photo booth with handmade props. It was simple to put together; a fabric backdrop, painted old frames, decorated masks, and some creative relatives. Tricia helped me with the final touches and we shot away. (Please excuse the shadows - the lighting wasn't the best and I was trying to get used to a lens I borrowed while mine was being repaired from a slip-on-ice tragedy back in December.)

















I was thoroughly satisfied when the evening turned out to be both memorable and distinguishable, and I think we may have started a new tradition.


5 comments:

  1. Very cute--especially the yellow frame that Nashy was "wearing"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that idea, so cute! What a great way to make New Years Eve fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a fun idea! Where did you come up with such a great idea???

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and so fun. I wish I had more creative genes coursing through me, but I make do with what I have. Nash's are my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like fun. will you please start planning my holidays for me? :)

    ReplyDelete