Pages

08 August 2010

Let the Spoon Feeding Begin

spoon-feed
transitive verb
To feed another with a spoon.
To treat another in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
To provide knowledge or information in an oversimplified way.

There's a reason why the phrase "spoon-feed" is usually derogatory. Let's face it, spoon-feeding is not the most fun thing in the world. Maybe some people enjoy it. I am not one of them.

It makes a mess.

It takes forever.

It is so much more convenient to just stick him on me.

I have boycotted spoon-feeding for the maximum amount of time. But alas, we cannot avoid solids forever. So, this week my six-month old graduated to the rice cereal phase.

He loved it, go figure.


3 comments:

  1. haha.. . I hate spoon feeding as well. i was grateful that Quinn NEVER liked any sort of baby food. if she couldn't put it in her mouth herself, she didn't want it. it was awesome. Hendrix didn't follow her footsteps, but I encourage self feeding as soon as possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. Sorry for your luck. But glad he loved it. Maybe that's one advantage of waiting. I definitely plan to wait longer this time too.

    Enjoyed the pretend play post. Just wait til Blake has imaginary friends. That opens a whole other world of creativity, like blaming naughtiness on someone who doesn't exist...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, got your p90x question. I'm not totally sure about it yet. Yesterday was the first day and we're not really following the exact program you're supposed to do, I don't think, because we got bootleg copies instead of the legit program haha. So basically we're just picking a DVD and doing an hour every night. I'll post something on how it's going if there's any progress at all. So far all I know is I liked pilates better, but pilates didn't pretty much make me want to die every night and p90x works me so hard I feel like it HAS to be doing something haha

    ReplyDelete