Pages

15 March 2010

Ya-Ma

Guess who came to visit her new grandson and coordinate outfits with him?

It was so nice to have my mom around for awhile, especially to entertain the toddler. Blake baked all sorts of treats with his "Ya-Ma Youlie" (Grandma Julie).

Grandma taught Blake that cookies were a breakfast food. That makes for a fun morning battle each day.

They colored pasta together.

They painted beautiful pictures.

And what would a visit from Julie Nash be without some crafting? I'd like to take credit for these projects but all I did to contribute was pick out and purchase the fabric. Here is the car seat canopy she made:

I found this awesome vinyl fabric and had the idea to recover our dingy looking highchair cover. Before and after:

More vinyl fabric projects:


Finally, my mom whipped up these cute aprons in just a few hours. I wish I had inherited some of her amazing sewing skills!


It was such a relief to have some help. I was pretty spoiled during my mom's stay; I don't think I unloaded our dishwasher or prepared Blake's breakfast once! I will be missing the little extra sleep I received and the company we all enjoyed. Thank you, Ya-Ma!


8 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that she was able to come out and spend some quality time with you. I'll bet it was so nice to have a little break. I love all of the things she sewed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Nash!

    You two being crafty? Glad to see that some things never change :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck I love all the projects you two did, I may have to copy them when my little stinker gets here. What a crafty mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Those projects are awesome. I want Ya ma Nash to come stay with me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute projects. I bet Julie is just loving being around the boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the project she did with Blake. What a great Ya-ma!

    So did you learn how to make those very cute carseat canopies from Julie Nash, so you can make one for your bestie Stephie??? You know, in all your spare time? Jk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely think Ya-ma should do a guest post on how to make that car seat cover. I would love to learn how.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Question: where did you get those paint dotter things?

    ReplyDelete