Pages

02 December 2009

The Final Stretch

28 Weeks With Baby #1

28 Weeks With Baby #2

Wowza! I am definitely bigger with baby #2! I remember taking that picture during my first pregnancy as the first real sign of a baby bump. I have had the baby bump this time around for a while.

I entered my third trimester this week with a violent round of throwing up and one of those awesome night-time leg cramps to which my calf is still sore 2 days later. Apart from the grand welcome I received into the final 12 weeks, I actually feel pretty great. I have constant heartburn, but I pop my Zantac around the clock and the heartburn is magically gone. I wish there was such a quick fix for the endless nauseated months. I am at what I like to call the pregnancy sweet spot; I have energy, I am sleeping wonderfully, and I'm not so huge that every position is uncomfortable.

I feel like this baby is coming right around the corner. Once the holidays are over, we will only have a few more weeks to prepare and enjoy our last days as a family of three. I don't think I'm quite ready yet for the changes that this baby will bring. We have our little routine down and I love that I can quickly load my one child in and out of the car with ease and spend all morning running errands and going on outings. Blake and I are buddies. We have a system and I'm about to be outnumbered. I don't know if I'm ready for all of the sleepless nights. However, as I feel the little kicks from the baby within, I am excited to meet him and to have a newborn to snuggle again. I am also really excited for Blake to have a brother and playmate. I am sure that we will adjust to having two children just as we adjusted to having one. But for now, I am going to enjoy these last 12 weeks of pregnancy and as a one-child family. Here's to the final stretch!


9 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you!

    I definitely DON'T see a difference in the two pictures. At all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah enjoy the last couple weeks with blake. I stil feel like i miss alot of one on one time with lucy just because garrett needs me. i cramed as many fun things into our schedule as i possiby could before he came and i am so glad i did. you look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look gorgeous in BOTH pictures. I'm so glad you're so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel so similarly, Lindsey! Love for Zantac, comfort in existing routine, excited for baby yet not ready for the change. So on the same page. And you look fab. If it makes you feel better, I am HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you look great. My baby bump is about the same size, at 16 weeks! :)

    Oh, and Loaded Questions is a lot of fun! I recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsey, you look amazing! I hope you're able to pack in lots of fun stuff and even more relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look adorable pregnant. i think you look tiny. Wait till you see my pregnant. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bump is still so tiny. I have no torso so I have never had anywhere to keep the baby bump but out - way out. What is weird is I was bigger with my first baby than with my second. As much as your world changes with your first baby a second really turns everything upside down. I am not sure how families with 4 and 5 kids are - with my two at this stage in our lives that just seems crazy to us!! Good luck on your last home stretch. Enjoy the family of three.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look cute in both pictures:).

    As for the leg cramps, try taking some extra calcium. Leg cramps (AKA charlie horses) can be a sign of calcium deficiency. I had it with both of my boys if I didn't take a calcium supplement on top of my prenatal.

    ReplyDelete