Pages

15 October 2009

Teaching Yoga At Last

I am officially employed. Even though I completed my yoga teacher training in January, my national certification took months to process and didn't become official until May. Then, alas, I got pregnant and was sick all summer, making teaching in the evenings about the last thing I wanted to do. Now that I am very obviously pregnant, I wondered how I could teach a yoga class without looking ridiculous. The solution was so easy; teach a Prenatal Yoga class! This is a class I have been interested in teaching ever since I became involved with yoga, and of course now in my current state it makes perfect sense. So, with a little paperwork, interviewing, and preparation, Granite Peaks School District was kind enough to hire me to teach their first ever Prenatal Yoga class. Luckily, I am in the baby capital of the world, so hopefully I will have a good turn-out.

My class starts in just a few weeks, and I will run a brief 4-week trial session before the holidays. Then I will start up full swing in January and run a few longer sessions (and have a baby somewhere in there). So, if you know of anyone in the Salt Lake area who is expecting and would benefit from this class, please pass the word on! Here is the flyer with all of the information:



6 comments:

  1. Oooh... I wish I was still living in Salt Lake. I really want to take a prenatal yoga class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I passed the info on to some of my expecting friends who live in SL. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, a "nationally registered yoga instructor" - it sounds so cool! That's great that you finally get to start teaching what you've learned - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I lived there still I would totally come !!!!! I love that you are teaching that class. I wish I could find something like that around here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. You'll do great! Too bad I'm not pregnant, or living in Utah. I would love to come otherwise:).

    ReplyDelete