Pages

23 January 2009

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes to Visit

Troy couldn't make it a whole month without seeing his baby and wifey. So, he used some frequent flyer miles to fly down and spend the long weekend with us. I still had class but he got to spend some quality time with Blake and with the sunshine.

We went out to dinner at Maggiano's, one of our favorite Italian restaurants. Blake was so hilarious playing peek-a-boo with the linen napkin. He always watches us play peek-a-boo, but has never done it himself.

Troy and I were able to spend a night alone at the Scottsdale Princess as well. My dad received a complimentary night that he didn't want to use and he was kind enough to let us indulge. The resort was so beautiful and relaxing.

Not only did we have a great room, view, and poolside relaxation, but we got to pamper ourselves in the spa as well. We each went through two rounds of the sauna, the cold pool plunge, the aromatherapy room, the jacuzzi, and the Swiss shower. Troy decided that he could go to the spa every day. I enjoyed it, but I was also eager to get back to my little boy.

As an added bonus to the weekend, Blake took his first steps!

It was such a proud moment. It was really amazing too, because Troy, my mom, and I were all in the family room when he took his first steps. He was holding onto Troy, and then all of a sudden he took off on his own. He was headed towards the buttons on the DVD player, of course. We all just gasped and looked at each other, thinking, "Did you just see what I just saw?" I felt like it was such a tender mercy that we were all there to witness the moment, because I could have easily been at school and Troy could have been back home. Blake isn't the earliest walker ever, but that doesn't make me any less proud or any less excited. It is so amazing to watch your child reach new milestones.


3 comments:

  1. Ok, how are you so tan when you're in school all day??!! Not fair! I love the video of Blake playing peekaboo. His giggle is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so exciting that he took his first steps!!! He is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm jealous! The resort sounds like heaven right now with the weather we're having around here! Enjoy the sun for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete