Pages

06 January 2009

Busted

I was upstairs the other day putting Blake's laundry away when he took off and went down the stairs. He does that often now that he has figured out how to scoot down the stairs backwards, which leaves him with full reign of the whole house. Usually, I can tell what he is doing even if I am not in the same room as him. For example, if I hear banging, it means that he is opening and shutting the kitchen cupboards or pulling the bowls out. If I hear music, it means he has gone down another few stairs and is playing with his toys.

It had been quiet for a few minutes when I went down to see what he was doing. I found him at the bottom of the stairs, with every item from my purse scattered around him, and with something smeared all over his face. I walked down to discover that he had found a Lindor chocolate in my purse, opened up the wrapper, and demolished every last bite! He looked so guilty as he held the empty wrapper in his hand. I am sure he was thinking "mmmmm, this is delicious, my mommy finally left me something good in here!" How does a twelve month old figure out how to unwrap a piece of chocolate? He is one smart sweet tooth.



2 comments:

  1. Uh, can ya blame him? I'd take chocolate over that baby food crap any day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to be mad at him when he looks so darn cute getting in trouble, huh? I can't believe what a big boy he is now!

    ReplyDelete