Pages

02 January 2009

Happy New Year

I make the mistake every year of setting high expectations for celebrations on New Years Eve. I'm not really sure why I do that, considering that we don't celebrate the holiday like most of the rest of the world does, and especially now that we are parents and it would be unlikely to find a babysitter on New Year's Eve. It must be the romantic in me that wants this night to be special.

So this year, I tried to lower my expectations for the festivities, but we actually had a wonderful time. First, we hosted a Tanner cousins get together at our house with yummy appetizers. Then, we went to Troy's parents' house, put Blake to bed, and made two types of cheese fondue and two types of chocolate fondue. It turned out to be a lot of work but it was very delicious.

Troy was a good sport about the fondue. He generally complains about meals that don't contain meat that he can "sink his teeth'"into.

We all had a hard time staying up until midnight. Troy was completely crashed on the couch when I woke him up for a rousing game of Catch Phrase at 11:40pm. We are definitely getting old. I put the camera on auto for a quick picture and as I was running back to get in the shot, I couldn't find my "bubbly." I eventually found it but unfortunately blocked Troy in the process.

Troy kept joking all night that he was just going to go to bed. I replied, "Then who am I going to kiss at midnight?" He answered, "We can kiss at 10am tomorrow morning." So, when midnight rolled around and he was still up, he thought it was funny to try to escape my kissing him. He jerked his head around and stated, "Not until 10am tomorrow!" After some wrestling, I finally won the battle.


1 comment: