Pages

21 November 2008

Double Feature

Troy was rewarded with a half day off work this month because his team was doing so well. We were debating about what to do with such a luxury, until I remembered that Twilight came out today. He didn't really have a desire to see Twilight (mostly because of all the hype), but really wanted to see the new James Bond movie. He got really excited when he suggested, "You can go to Twilight and I'll go to James Bond on my half day!" Then, after thinking about it for awhile, he wondered, what has our marriage come to if we go to the movie theater and see different movies? So then, he came up with what he thought was an even more brilliant idea. He said, "Let's go to BOTH!"

So, thanks to my wonderful mother-in-law for watching our son, we saw back-to-back matinee movies. I have never done that before. It was a lot of sitting, but well worth the sacrifice to get my sweet hubby to go to Twilight (which he liked, for the record). I really liked Twilight too. I thought it portrayed the book very well for the most part, but a lot was spoiled in the trailer. As for James Bond, the first one was a lot better. I tend to lose interest during all the action scenes they throw in. All in all, it was a fun day and it marks our second date in the month of November.


4 comments:

  1. I love the Twilight books too but have a feeling the movie won't be as good...movies are never as good as the books!

    I also thought that there was no way they could find actors and actresses to live up to the high standard of beauty that Stephanie Mayers describes in the books. but I haven't seen it yet so I'll let you know what I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! I'm so glad Troy liked it. When I saw it, I kind of felt like it wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable if you hadn't read the book, so I'm glad that wasn't the case!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. Josh's parents just did the EXACT same thing tonight. Did I miss a memo or something??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tanners! I found your blog through Chris and Megan's. I'm happy to see you are doing so well. We are still in Provo; Daniel is still working for BYU and I am working for UVU (UVSC). Check out our blog- bigdlittlec.blogspot.com

    -Carly (John) Nielson

    ReplyDelete