Pages

09 October 2008

Pumpkin Bum

Fall is here and Blake has appropriate apparel.

The little pumpkin bum scoots around.

Blake's grandma also knit him a pumpkin hat.

It seems like I have been hearing and reading everywhere lately that people are so excited about the arrival of fall. To me, fall means runny noses, having to wear socks and shoes again, bundling up to go outside, everything dying, and a long bleak winter on its way. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the scrooge of fall or anything. I enjoy Halloween and pretty colored trees, it's just that I am more of a spring and summer kind of girl. Maybe I'm the only one, because everyone seems to be buzzing about fall. The bright side is that I have an adorable Halloween costume for Blake that I can't wait to reveal.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE THE HAT! His little pumpkin bum is super cute as well. Perhaps you bias is based on being raised in Michigan and I love fall and winter being an Arizona native. I am sure if I lived through more cold winters I might not be so excited for winter to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear...what are we going to do about the Julie Nash hats??? :) I love it! I do know what you mean about Fall being discouraging because Winter is on the way, however I do love Autumn. Maybe you're not getting in the spirit because you're in the desert and Autumn isn't as beautiful there. Maybe you should move back to Michigan...

    Don't feel bad about not calling. I could have called you too. It just seemed like my phone was ringing off the hook, and then I had to work the last couple nights...We'll catch up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete