Pages

23 July 2008

Single Mommyhood

Troy is in New York for ten days on a business trip which has left me to conquer life as a single mom. I definitely haven't been bored with all of the projects I have been working on, but I am a little lonesome. Evenings are the worst without my buddy to hang out with. When Blake wakes up from his late afternoon nap, I think, how can entertain him for the next three hours till he goes to bed? I am used to Troy coming home during that time. Blake and I have stayed busy with a lot of friends which has helped pass the time. I know I am a big lonely wuss. Some of my friend's husbands have been gone for months at a time for internships or military service, but I still miss my man.

We got together with some of my friends from Michigan that I grew up with. Coincidentally, all three of our moms got together the same day for lunch back home.

Thad and Blake.

Trying to get a picture of Thad, Kylie, and Blake while they were happy was impossible.

I volunteered to watch all three babies while Kourtni and Alyssa were occupied with something else. I was pretty confident that I could handle it, until two babies were crying at the same time. I already had one baby in my arms, and no more arms to help the other one! I don't know how moms with triplets do it (or twins for that matter).

My friend Kristen came over and we had a girls' night. We watched movies that Troy wouldn't be caught dead watching and worked on scrapbooking projects. She also practiced a shiatsu massage on me because she had to demonstrate it the next day for her students at the massage school. I felt so spoiled.

I also had a true idiot mom moment. I guess I didn't realize that Blake is clearly too big for his infant tub. I was just in the habit of always giving him his bath there, and I never noticed that he outgrew it. Kristen about died laughing, and said, "I've never seen a baby that big in one of those tubs before!"

Needless to say, we transitioned to the real tub and it fits Blake much better.


5 comments:

  1. That must be hard to be without your hubby! I would be a total baby about it if I were you. But it looks like you were able to have some fun social time while he is gone! So many babies having lots of fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would go a little crazy without my hubby around...at least you're doing good at keeping yourself busy. And congrats to Blake for graduating to the big boy tub...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of the three of you and your babies is so cute--how crazy that you all had a baby so close together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What movies did you watch that Troy wouldn't be caught dead watching? Are there even shows he wouldn't watch? He loves Pride and Prejudice, for goodness sakes and that's as chick-flicky as it gets! :) It looks like you're surviving pretty well without Troy around. Let me know if you need anything. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for cheering me up with the bath picture! Although, I must say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Either way, I'm glad he's enjoying the big tub! Wish I was out there to have some girls nights with you while Troy's gone!

    ReplyDelete