Pages

10 April 2008

Michigan Bound

We finally booked our flights to Michigan. I'm so excited! We get to spend two whole weeks there before Troy starts his job in May. Blake has yet to meet all of his extended family and Michigan friends, and he'll already be five months old by then. Some of our plans include going to Mackinac Island, (Grandpa Nash has been daydreaming since the day he found out we were expecting about pulling Blake behind his bike), going to a Red Sox/Tigers game (Troy was SO excited when he found out the Red Sox were going to be in Michigan during our stay), going to Cedar Point with some friends (When I was pregnant and couldn't ride on roller coasters, I really craved them), and of course, lots and lots of visiting.

Has anyone heard of this new travel rule where you can only check one piece of luggage per person? Any additional pieces of luggage cost a fee. So, I will spend the next few weeks figuring out how to pack three people (Blake has the most stuff) into 2 pieces of luggage for a two week stay. Or maybe we'll just give in and pay the fee. Regardless, I'm counting the days!


3 comments:

  1. Maybe it depends on the airline...I would call yours and ask. But we just came back from Utah, and there was no such rule. We definitely had 2 bags each...plus a carseat to check. Hopefully it will be the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I can't wait! Hurry up and get here, before that adorable boy gets any bigger! And that rule is just for certain airlines, I know United is one of them. I hope it doesn't apply to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new rule actually starts on all airlines on May 5th. Lame!

    ReplyDelete