Pages

26 April 2008

Congratulations Troy

Troy is officially a college graduate. I am so proud of him. He worked incredibly hard in school and received straight A's since coming to BYU (even last semester when he took finals a week after Blake was born). We talked to some of his professors before the convocation. They all raved on how great Troy is and how he is going to do great things with his career.

Troy complained all day about having to walk in the ceremony and take pictures and participate in all of the nonsense he associates with graduation. However, after receiving his diploma, he had a huge smile on his face. He looked genuinely happy. The actual ceremony was surprisingly very interesting. My favorite part was when the Dean of the Business School was doing some poll taking, and asked all the college graduates who had served full-time missions to stand up. About 90% of the graduates all stood up together. It was chilling to see how many returned missionaries there were and how they had all sacrificed two years of school to serve the Lord. It made me realize that I had a very different experience at MSU than Troy did at BYU. I loved my education at MSU, but it made me feel a bit jealous for a moment of all the amazing opportunities Troy has had at the "Lord's University" as he calls it. The poll continued by asking how many of the graduates were married, had children, etc., which also represented large percentages.

I feel so blessed to have a husband that has been so serious about school. He not only passed his classes, but did so with flying colors and stood out among his classmates. I am going to miss editing Troy's papers and recording grades for the classes where he was a Teacher's Assistant. Troy is very grateful that he transferred to BYU, mostly because he was given amazing job opportunities that he would not have received elsewhere. We are exciting to have finished this chapter of our lives and to move on to the next adventure.

Troy was a very distinguished graduate.

We geared up for a long day ahead.



We overlooked the BYU campus library before the convocation or the "big glass hole" as I call it. The library is mostly underground with a glass atrium jetting out, hence the label. Troy spent a lot of time there.

Troy's whole family came to honor him.

His parents were proud of their first college graduate.

You would think that Troy would be the star of this day but we still ended up with more pictures of Blake.

The tassel was finally flipped...

We're so proud of you, Troy!


4 comments:

  1. Yay Troy! I can't believe you guys are done with the college life now! How exciting! (Oh, and I like that you sported MSU colors for BYU's graduation.) Go State!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Troy!

    And you look beautiful Lindsey, I think being a mom suits you :)

    I'm glad you decided to join the world of blogging, it's such a good way to keep those of us who live far away from you up to date. I found your blog through facebook and I'm so glad I did! Now I can see how freaking adorable your little man is as he grows up...

    Talk to you later Nashy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Troy! Its such a huge accomplishment (Jake's is coming up in two weeks). You all look so happy and wonderful. Blake looks as cute as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Troy! You'll find that without studying you will have lots of extra time on your hands (I'm sure Blake will be more than happy to fill that time for you!)

    We always wind up with more pictures of Grant than anyone else at any event...I think its pretty natural. Babies are just so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete