Pages

04 December 2007

All About Us


Hello! After much contemplating, we have finally decided to join the world of blogging. Mostly because we are going to be parents any day now, and this is the best way for us to keep family and friends updated on our new arrival!

So, we would like to introduce our soon-to-be Tanner Trio! Troy and I met during our Freshman year at Michigan State University. Troy was pretty determined to date me even though I was dating someone else. He told his mom, "Give me a few weeks." Well, a few weeks is about all it took for us to become best friends. We spent hours talking and laughing and not too many hours studying. We fell in love and dated for a year before Troy left on his mission. He served a two-year mission in Riverside, CA for our church during which we could could only write weekly letters.

After his mission, Troy transferred to BYU, and I came out to Utah after finishing my degree in Early Childhood Education at MSU. Troy proposed on March 3, 2006 and we were married exactly 3 months later in the Bountiful temple.

We have now been married for a year and a half and are expecting a little boy this week! Since we have been married, I have been teaching at a private school in Orem. I taught music last year and have been teaching kindergarten this year. I am grateful that I have been able to use my degree and also be the 'breadwinner' for our family while Troy has been in school. I am also so excited that I can stay at home with our baby and future children! I feel like I have waited my whole life to be a mom!

Troy is finishing his degree this April in finance at BYU. He works really hard and has just accepted a job offer from Goldman Sachs operations division in Salt Lake City. We were so blessed to also receive job offers from great companies in Boston, Chicago, and Michigan. However, after weighing all of the options, we chose Goldman Sachs. We never thought we would stay in Utah post-graduation but there was a different plan for us. We are continuously realizing many things that are wonderful about Utah. We have so much to enjoy now and in the future and we just love our little family!


1 comment:

  1. Hi! Little Blake is soooo cute! I love the picture of him with all the baseball stuff. I saw that Troy is going to work for Goldman Sachs in SL, and there was a couple in our ward out there and the wife worked there...I'm not sure if she still does, her name is TeriLyn Zawrotny...we were VT partners and she was really nice and her husband is from Michigan. Anyway---I hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete