Pages

18 September 2009

Revamping the Workspace

Our makeshift office located in our family room was in need of some major updating. What I wanted most was some storage space for my craft supplies. I also had issues with our computer and printer being out in the open for everyone to see (and for my toddler to constantly turn off and on). I found a used beauty to solve my storage dilemmas.

I think it was originally intended to be an armoire of sorts, but I knew that taking out the bar and adding shelves would work perfectly for what I had in mind.

I had a little helper throughout the process. We also lost our garage as a parking spot for a week while I worked on the transformation.

I added a little paint and some new hardware and voila!

Before - I looked down from the kitchen every day to a beat up, cardboard desk in detest. The printer was out in the open and Blake constantly made a mess of what was in the cabinet.

After - a much cleaner look.

The best part is all of the new storage. My computer, printer, and cables are all hidden and Blake cannot get to them. I have shelves of storage for files and supplies.


5 comments:

  1. wow!! i'm very impressed--i don't know if i could have done that!! it looks awesome. come help me with my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! You're hired to help me with my projects, any time you want to come to MI. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! You did a great job on repainting it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job. That looks AWESOME! What sheen of paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! Where did you get it? Thanks again for coming on Saturday I had so much fun. Is Blake feeling better?

    ReplyDelete