Pages

23 March 2019

Golden Hour Light

There are so many things we love about our new street, but I think my very favorite part is how every evening, the golden hour light streams across the cul-de-sac before the sun sets behind the hills. Something about the warm light and long shadows takes my breath away every single day. 

I point it out to my boys day after day with dramatic gasps and expressions like, "Look at that light!" and "Do you see that sky?" They typically roll their eyes at me or respond, "Every single day mom!" But despite their teasing, sometimes they beat me to it. When the light is warm, streaming through the trees, everything is glowing and the clouds are shades of pink and orange, they'll say, "Mom, I bet you're going to tell us to look at the sky." 

It makes my heart happy to think that someday, when they are off living their own lives, they will think of me when they absorb a stunning golden hour.

Thank goodness that day isn't anytime soon and for now, I can capture them playing in breathtaking slanting light just by walking out our front door.
DSC_3026.jpg

DSC_3038.jpg

DSC_3044.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment