Pages

28 December 2015

Family Photos

A few months ago, our neighbor who is a photographer braved the heat and humidity with us alongside thousands of flying gnats that were in a nearby field. It was truly a miserable evening to be outside, let alone expect cooperation for family photos.

Somehow we still managed to walk away with the shots that were important to us.
_Q2T7440

And a few crazy ones too.
_Q2T7426-2

I have photos hanging in our bedroom with each of my babies and me. It was important that I captured Finn's babyhood in the same way. 

It's a good thing Finn looks younger than he is because I didn't manage to fit in our photo session until he was two days shy of turning one.
_Q2T7217-2

_Q2T7236-2

Aside from the family Christmas card photo and a shot with my baby and me, my only other request was for individuals of each boy. Their faces now hang larger than life on four square canvases in our stairwell.
_Q2T7268-2

_Q2T7322-2

_Q2T7295-2

_Q2T7336-2

_Q2T7344-2

Oh, and I had to take a silly headshot too for work. I remembered why I prefer being on the other side of the camera.
_Q2T7492-2

Family photos can be really stressful, especially when you have extreme weather conditions and young children involved. But in my book, they are always, always worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment