Pages

07 December 2015

Blake is Eight

Today our first-born son turns eight.
DSC_5617.jpg

We're spending the whole day together, just him and me. We've both been looking forward to our date for weeks. For now, here are eight things I love about Blake:

1. He is responsible. I can count on him to get completely ready for school each morning and make his own lunch before I'm even awake.

2. He is an avid rule follower. His unwavering obedience is going to get him places.

3. He is the best oldest brother I could imagine. He often voluntarily drops whatever he is doing to play baseball with Crew or spell words for Nash or find antics to make Finn laugh.

4. He is a money saver. Each week when he is paid a small amount for jobs around the house, he chooses to save instead of spend.

5. He doesn't get much undivided attention, but I look forward to our early morning chats when I walk him up the hill to school and ending each night with him reading to me after his brothers are in bed.

6. He is a deep thinker. He is always calculating time and money and loves to be quizzed on math facts.

7. He is joining his dad and me in becoming quite the cheerleader for college football. When the opposing team got the ball in a championship game this week, he shouted at the screen, "No first downs and definitely no touchdowns!"

8. He is repentant. He writes us apology notes when he makes mistakes and prays for forgiveness. He knows the difference between right and wrong and is so excited to be baptized in a few weeks (turning 8 in our church means getting baptized). He has faith in Heavenly Father and desires to do what is right.

He makes our whole family so happy. How grateful we are for this boy.


4 comments: