Pages

16 April 2015

Crew is Two

web26-2.jpg

It seems like we've been saying that Crew is "almost two" for months so it didn't come as a shock when the day finally came that officially advanced his age. And since he has been a big brother for seven months, I didn't lament as much about him moving further away from babyhood.

We had a great time celebrating yesterday. I was so worn out that I fell asleep while trying to type up two things I love about him. Here they are, one day late:

1. I love how Crew almost always wears a serious face. And I love how his brothers are some of the only ones that can get him to crack a smile.

2. Oh how can I fit it all in two? I love how his favorite word is "awkward" and he uses it in the right context. I love how his version of dancing is swinging his right leg back and forth. I love the pure glee that comes over him when he spots ducks or bubbles or choo-choo trains. I love how he mimics absolutely everything his brothers do. I love how he calls out "Boys, Eat!" when it is time for dinner. I love how he has to have multiple binkies on his fingers so he can swap them out every few minutes. I'm heartbroken that we're going to be taking those away very soon. I love that he is tough. He kind of has to be if he is ever going to hold his own in this house full of boys. And I love that he is often the center of attention at the table. Every single one of us loves his cute phrases and expressions and we never tire of encouraging him.

Happy birthday, Crewser.


1 comment:

  1. I'm in love with a boy named Crew... seriously, there is just something about him! Love that he knows the word awkward. Lol. And I love the glimpses of your house in the other post. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete