Pages

03 July 2014

NYC Part Two - Chelsea Market and The High Line

We discovered a couple of new favorite places in NYC during our visit.

I was left with several hours to myself on Saturday morning while Troy attended to Groomsman duties, so I took the subway over to Chelsea Market. It's a charming old brick building with lots of fun shops, bakeries, restaurants, food carts, gelato and even a huge two-story Anthropologie.
IMG_5380.jpg

I'll do a whole food post later, but let me just say that Amy's Bread was added to the top of my must-visit-in-NYC list.
DSC_0026-3.jpg

DSC_0029-3.jpg

DSC_0035-3.jpg

DSC_0040-3.jpg

DSC_0044-3.jpg

I could have explored Chelsea Market and the surrounding area for hours but I had to take off to meet the wedding party at the ferry.

A few days later, Troy and I came back to the same area to check out the new High Line park.

The High Line is a public park built on a historic freight rail line elevated above the streets on Manhattan’s West Side. The former New York Central Railroad used to run along the line, and the structure was under the threat of demolition until Friends of the High Line fought for preservation and transformation. Now, it's been redesigned and planted as an aerial greenway that hundreds of people enjoy daily.

It runs for a over a mile, has amazing views of the city and wildflowers are growing everywhere.
DSC_0364-2.jpg

DSC_0302-2.jpg

DSC_0331-2.jpg

DSC_0345-2.jpg

It made a great reading location.
DSC_0303-2.jpg

DSC_0379-2.jpg

To say that I love discovering gems like this is a vast understatement.


No comments:

Post a Comment