Pages

07 December 2013

Blake is Six

This has been a nutty nuts week. Birthday prep, Christmas prep, and a baby who all of a sudden started screaming instead of sleeping all night long.

But before I attempt to catch up on some much needed shut-eye, I can't let this day end without honoring the birthday boy. I love our oldest little man for a million reasons, but here are six of them:

1. Blake is my right-hand man when it comes to taking care of his brothers and helping out around the house. In fact, he gets upset when I clean the toilets instead of letting him do the dirty work.
DSC_0062

2. I love that I can talk to him and reason with him as an adult (most of the time).
DSC_0512-2

3. Blake keeps me on my toes when it comes to creating new memories. He also holds our family to traditions, even if they were only initiated once.
DSC_0859

DSC_0745

4. He loves to go to school and I can always count on him to have a good report. His whole class was given these t-shirts a few weeks ago. How can he possibly be in the class of 2026?
DSC_0327

DSC_0309

DSC_0307

5. Blake could listen to music for hours on my ten year old iPod. He has several pop songs memorized and has invented many dance moves.
DSC_0252

DSC_0259

DSC_0262

6. He is full of faith and is always the first one to suggest prayer in difficult situations.
DSC_0622-2

We sure love our Blake. Much more on his first ever friends' parrrty to come, once I'm a little less sleep deprived.


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to my favorite six year old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome pictures of him. And 2026?! Bizarre! Happy birthday Buddy!

    ReplyDelete