Pages

27 July 2013

Blessed

Troy blessed our littlest mister at church on Sunday, July 7th. It was the perfect ending to my favorite week of the year (more here, here, and here).
DSC_0302

DSC_0325 copy

DSC_0338

DSC_0410

DSC_0372

DSC_0480

DSC_0497

DSC_0466

DSC_0511

DSC_0527

Afterwards, we hosted a luncheon at our house. I threw together a dessert and drinks table at the last minute because I couldn't resist an opportunity to pull out party supplies. I have a serious weakness for anything nautical, and since it was still the week of the Fourth and Crew's name just sounds nautical, the party naturally fell into that theme.
DSC_0238

DSC_0213

DSC_0217

We've been so busy this summer that I didn't even start thinking about the celebration until the day before, so I had to wing it with what I had on hand.
DSC_0220

DSC_0228

DSC_0229

DSC_0233

DSC_0240

DSC_0252

It became the lasting joke as we were preparing the day before that we might not have enough food. Every time we thought we were set, we realized more people were coming and we were worried we might run out. We made several trips back to the store for more rolls, more bottled water, more desserts, more plates, and on and on.

We ended up with enough pulled pork and cheesy potatoes to feed an army.
DSC_0260

DSC_0255

DSC_0256

DSC_0291

We crammed tables and chairs into every nook and cranny.
DSC_0271

The boys formed a boys' club once again.
DSC_0263

The star of the party missed the whole thing.
DSC_0278

He woke up in time to supervise clean up and be entertained by uncles and aunts and cousins galore.
DSC_0382

More nautical touches.
DSC_0388

Crew falling back asleep on me after the party was the icing on the cake at the end of such a beautiful day, surrounded by friends and family from afar. He sure is loved.
DSC_0433


3 comments:

  1. You sure have handsome boys Linds! And I am way impressed about the themed party for a blessing! I'll be lucky to serve sandwiches and chips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! Only you would have that many party supplies "on hand".... You can come throw parties for me anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally catching up on blogs today. Love all the pictures, and I LOVE the thumb story! Way to go Blake.

    ReplyDelete