Pages

05 June 2013

Boys in Stripes

I have a love/hate relationship with iphoneography and Instagram. On the one hand, it's super convenient to snap photos with a device that can fit in my pocket and instantly share them with the world. And on occasions where it would be impossible to lug a big camera around, like our day in the mountains last week riding on chair lifts and going on coasters and mountain slides, it was a relief to still be able to capture the moments via phone. But are those pictures I'll ever print or keep or even post larger than thumbnail size on here? Probably not.

Sometimes it's a little too convenient to whip out my phone in the moments I want to remember. I just realized that I have a handful of photos on my phone featuring adorable first smiles from baby Crew and zero on my nice camera. I'm so worried that I'm going to look back someday at the phone camera quality photos and regret that I didn't put more effort into capturing life in high definition.

With those thoughts on my mind lately, I made some extra effort to capture a least one recent event via dSLR. We stumbled upon a beautiful park in the mountains while we were in Park City over Memorial Day weekend. Since it was so much colder there, spring was still in full bloom.

It wasn't the best light or the best photos I've ever taken by any means, but it still made me feel better to capture a few moments in higher quality.

DSC_0612

DSC_0606

DSC_0607

DSC_0615

DSC_0631

DSC_0637

DSC_0626

DSC_0629


1 comment: