Pages

11 December 2012

Rainbow Birthday

Blake only had one request for his birthday this year: a rainbow cake.
DSC_0108

Every year, I have good intentions to throw him an actual birthday party with friends. And then his birthday rolls around year after year smack dab in between Thanksgiving and Christmas. And despite my good intentions, I always feel trapped by the fact that it's freezing outside and we have to stay indoors, I feel bad adding one more thing to everyone else's full plates, especially when gifts are involved, and I can't seem to get organized enough to make it all happen with the Christmas season and endless to-do lists swirling about.

So, since a "real" birthday party didn't happen once again, I tried to compensate by adding special touches throughout the day. And to Blake, it was still magical. Maybe we'll aim for a party next year.

He was on cloud nine helping me mix the colors for his rainbow cake.
DSC_0075

And from there we just kind of rolled with the rainbow theme.
DSC_0083

DSC_0091

We made special favors to bring to his friends at his school celebration.
DSC_0123

DSC_0100

Of course we had to bring rainbow sprinkled donuts as well.
DSC_0134

DSC_0107

DSC_0090

DSC_0129

DSC_0131

DSC_0138

Blake's birthday tradition is to throw darts at candy-filled balloons. I didn't think it would become a tradition, but he insists on this game year after year. Who can really blame him?
DSC_0229

DSC_0235

More on the birthday boy tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. What a cute party!

    Can I ask where did you get the tubes for the skittles? I'm planning my daughters baptism and were doing the 'Rainbow' theme too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen! I got them from Stampin' Up originally but I don't believe they sell that size anymore. I did a quick search for 1x7 or 1x8 cellophane bags and found these:

    https://www.amazon.com/1in-7in-Cellophane-Adhesive-Closure/dp/B00BBFPG34

    ReplyDelete