Pages

07 December 2012

He's Five

I keep telling Blake that there is no way he can possibly turn five.

He can just stay four forever and we'll cancel his birthday.

He is not too thrilled with the idea of skipping over all the birthday hoopla, which means he's going to go ahead and turn five today.
DSC_0145-2

Before we celebrate in high fashion, I must give my five reasons why I adore our 5 year old:

1. I love how he moves his whole face to express himself. He is so animated with every word and he has to be situated just so to get it all out.

2. I love hearing him talk to other adults as if he is an adult himself. And I love when he uses words like "actually" and "accidentally".

3. I love how responsible he is becoming. I know I can count on him to fetch things throughout the house, make breakfast every day, and remember all the details that I forget.

4. This probably goes without saying, but I love the way the wheels in his head spin. He comes up with the most clever machines and inventions.

5. I love that he is my "first" and he made me a mom on a blizzardy winter night five years ago.

Happy Birthday little man, we love you so.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Blake--I can't believe he's 5 already!

    ReplyDelete