Pages

21 May 2010

Balding

We're experiencing hair loss at our house. For me, there is a vicious cycle of losing hair and then awkwardly growing it back during pregnancy, postpartum, and eventually weaning. Each event seems to trigger the loss of my hair. I heard that if you continue taking your prenatal vitamins after you deliver your baby, it keeps all of your locks in tact! So, I have religiously continued my morning regimen of taking those huge horse pills, but alas, I am beginning to pull out of long strands of hair by the clump. I wake up every morning to find enough hair on my pillow case for a small doll's head. I longingly watch my locks being swept away or washed down the drain.

It's actually not this phase that I mind as much. Sure, it's annoying to constantly vacuum, sweep, and pull strands of hair off every possible surface, but when it gets really out of control is in the regrowth phase. I am dreading the day when my hair line will once again become overgrown with small short hairs that are completely untamable. And then the vicious cycle will begin again once I wean and we start this whole miracle of life stuff again.

At least I have a buddy to experience the loss with this time around. Nash has seemed to fall in the trap of hair loss as well. When he was born, everyone commented on how much dark hair he had, especially for being three weeks early! Well, here is a look at then and now.



At least we're in this together.


4 comments:

  1. Garrett lost all the hair on top of his head like an old man. It was so weird looking. I made those wreaths with some friends today, the ones with lima beans. They are so cute. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. But have you ever seen such a cute bald little man??? I already know this will happen with Gracie too. Skyler had way less hair at about 3 montnhs as well, and Gracie had even less to start with. Bummer. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you loose hair like that. It is crazy what women's bodies experience as we have children!! LOVE the pictures of Nash. Ryan had a TON of dark hair when he was born too and lost quite a bit of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was just looking at every post thinking, wow - she has great hair! Honestly, I want your hair. :) I lose mine like that too and it's awful. I have a strange question...what color do you dye your hair...or do you dye it at all? I just love the color!

    ReplyDelete