Pages

06 October 2019

Crew is Five

I know of no one who is as excited about holidays, especially birthdays, than Crew.
DSC_9205.jpg

DSC_9212.jpg

DSC_9210.jpg

DSC_9223.jpg

His 5th birthday fell on a Sunday and he couldn't wait to get through church and celebrate. He opened a few gifts and showed off the charts excitement for each one.
DSC_9183.jpg

DSC_9181.jpg

DSC_9189.jpg

DSC_9186.jpg

DSC_9178.jpg

We went to the park; so simple and Crew couldn't have been happier. Especially because he learned how to jump off a moving swing.
DSC_9288.jpg

DSC_9290.jpg

DSC_9243.jpg

It ended in a wrestling pile up of brothers. Just a typical day.
DSC_9249.jpg

DSC_9250.jpg

DSC_9251.jpg

DSC_9261.jpg

We capped off the night with Crew's anticipated cake and ice cream.
DSC_9293.jpg

DSC_9296.jpg

Five things I love about my five year old:

1. Crew asked Alexa how many days until Tax Day (his birthday) for four months leading up to his birthday. He relayed that information on to every carpool driver, haircutter, Costco sample giver and stranger he came across. I sure hope his birthday lived up to the hype.

2. He is ultra affectionate. He is always wanting to give me a hug or kiss.

3. He loves his "comfy jammies." He has a pair of fleecy pajamas and I commented once that I wanted to snuggle him up in his comfy jammies. Now he wants to wear them every single night, or at least the minute they come out of the dryer. He builds the anticipation all day by tempting me with, "Mommm, tonight I'm going to wear my comfy jammies and you're going to want to snuggle me." I match his excitement every time and it never gets old.

4. He is feisty and has no issue telling adults exactly how it is. It can be embarrassing, but it's going to get him places.

5. His smile lights up the room and it's hard not to be in a good mood when Crew is passionate about celebrating life.

The 365 day countdown till the next birthday began immediately...Happy Birthday Crew!


No comments:

Post a Comment