Pages

25 April 2019

Fall According to my Phone

I try to capture most of our events with my big camera but I don't always have it with me for the small moments I want to remember. I love that phones are accessible so I can fill in the gaps.

For my birthday at the beginning of the school year, Troy gave me the best gift; the gift of alone time. He sent me to a hotel for 24 hours and it was heavenly. I got so absorbed in catching up on computer work that I didn't even leave to eat. I ordered some lunch poolside and called it good. I sifted through hundreds of photos and made a dent in catching up on documenting.
IMG_7968.jpg

Weeknights became busier than ever with three kids in activities. One night I packed up our dinner to go to get Blake to scouts on time. I loved that the boys sat down to bless the food outside the church building.
IMG_8549.jpg

We celebrated my dad's 60th birthday in SoCal with a nice dinner and gelato in Laguna Beach and then took the whole family to Newport Beach the next day.
IMG_8584.jpg

The beginning of 4th grade was a rough transition for Blake. I noticed how weighed down and defeated he was feeling. One Monday when I picked him up from swim practice, I surprised him with a quick date to Disneyland. We sat in traffic about as long as we were actually in the park and we only rode on a few rides. But, he held my hand with fingers interlocked the entire time and it meant the world to him.
IMG_8595.jpg

IMG_8873.jpg

Finn fell off our porch swing at the end of preschool one day and earned himself a few staples under his hair.
IMG_8606.jpg

Our neighbors threw together an impromptu s'more gathering one Sunday afternoon. We love our street.
IMG_8904.jpg

Every time we go to the dentist, the boys insist on taking a picture with the giant giraffe. 
IMG_8609.jpg

IMG_8611.jpg

Crew and Finn are good errand runners. Usually I save my errands for the days that Crew is at preschool so I just have Finn in tow, but they love coming up with shenanigans together. 
IMG_9658.jpg

Nash was on fire with reading in 2nd grade and I loved finding him in interesting positions as he whipped through book after book.
IMG_8626.jpg

I was having a rough day and Blake wrote me some notes to make me feel better. He writes feel better/apology notes often and it's the best.
IMG_8635.jpg

We took the quickest family pictures ever on a cold and windy day in November. The boys climbed the trees once the photographer left.
IMG_8935.jpg

IMG_8939.jpg

IMG_8938.jpg

Troy's family spent Thanksgiving break with us. We kept busy with trips to the shopping center, pool, and beach. We ended with a leisurely afternoon at the movie theater seeing Coco and had lunch and played Cornhole afterwards.
IMG_9466.jpg

IMG_9468.jpg

IMG_9472.jpg

IMG_9478.jpg

December kicked off with a girls' night out at an escape room. We were proud of our less than one hour finish to solve the puzzles.
IMG_9540.jpg

Then our front porch started filling up with package deliveries and that meant December madness was in full swing.
DSC_6616.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment