Pages

10 May 2016

Mother's Day

My mind is drawing a blank on what to write. There's so much I could say about mothering and the mothers that influence me. But I'm having a hard time focusing amidst the bickering siblings in the background, the slew of uncompleted homework spread out on the kitchen table, the pleas for it to be dinnertime, the fear that the baby will wake up any second and the rush that will come as soon as the dinner hour, cub scout pack night and bedtime begin.

Yes, I'm in the thick of mothering and even though I often feel like I'm losing my mind because everything is swirling around me faster than I can keep up, these boys make my world go round.

Troy and the boys made sure I felt loved and appreciated on Mother's Day, starting with breakfast in bed and lots of homemade gifts.
DSC_1090.jpg

DSC_1113.jpg

DSC_0989.jpg

DSC_0984.jpg

Troy covered every meal of the day. He knows that the way to my heart is bread and cheese so he tried out a new bread blossom recipe after church. What made all of his preparations even more impressive is he didn't eat anything he made because he's been eating really healthy. He even timed the grilling of the chicken for dinner to be completed at the same time as the corn on the cob, biscuits and roasted potatoes. That is no easy feat and his labor of love was not unnoticed.
DSC_0978.jpg

DSC_0981.jpg

My only requests were some time alone (I was able to escape for a few hours over the weekend and it was dreamy) and some photos with my boys. Let's just say some boys were more cooperative than others. 
DSC_1155.jpg

DSC_1010.jpg

DSC_1029.jpg

DSC_1031.jpg

DSC_1038.jpg

DSC_1044.jpg

DSC_1059.jpg

DSC_1071.jpg

DSC_1143.jpg

DSC_1164.jpg

It sounds and looks like any sort of down time I might have had is now officially over, so there you have it. Mother's Day 2016.


1 comment: