Pages

07 March 2016

LEGO Birthday Party

Six seems to be the magic age in our family for the first birthday party with friends. Nash knew what the theme would be for approximately 234 days before the highly anticipated event. 
legoinviteweb

I was thrilled that the weather looked promising enough to hold the party outdoors instead of in our small living room. It turned out to be a gorgeous day. I never thought I'd be throwing a party outside the first week of February.
DSC_8146.jpg

DSC_8160.jpg

DSC_8157.jpg

DSC_8162.jpg

DSC_8150.jpg

DSC_8165.jpg

I kept the food incredibly simple because I've learned that kids mostly just want to play at parties. I found some LEGO jello molds here and made jigglers in four different flavors.
DSC_8161.jpg

We opted for Rice Krispie treat cake. So much less mess and fuss than real cake.
DSC_8152.jpg

DSC_8154.jpg

I made a balloon dart board years ago and it has been well used. It even made the cut for the move to California because I knew we would continue to use it again and again.
DSC_8168.jpg

The balloons were filled with small Candy Blox that exploded each time a balloon was popped.
DSC_8171.jpg

DSC_8223.jpg

I made sure to have some favors filled with Candy Blox so they didn't have to eat the balloon remnants from the dirt.
DSC_8192.jpg

The hit of the party was the LEGO race car track.
DSC_8200.jpg

I picked up enough wheels at t]The LEGO Store for each child to have the same starting base. They spent the majority of the party going back and forth from the building tables to the racing track. I loved to see all of the unique creations they constructed with the assortment of LEGO bricks.
DSC_8196.jpg

I kept thinking this party would require minimal effort until 2am the night before when I was still building the race track.
DSC_8204.jpg

I would have liked to add more bells and whistles, but I don't think the kids minded that we used a wrapping paper roll as the starting line that held the cars until they were ready to be released. 
DSC_8182.jpg

They were just so happy to figure out which designs raced fastest.
DSC_8193.jpg

DSC_8194.jpg

Blake planned to have an estimation jar full of LEGO bricks for months and took complete control over organizing and executing the activity. 
DSC_8217.jpg

Before we knew it, it was time to sing to the birthday boy.
DSC_8246.jpg

DSC_8249.jpg

DSC_8253.jpg

DSC_8260.jpg

When it was time to announce the winner of the estimation jar, we realized that we left the prize at home. It's a good thing we live just down the hill because there was no way after all of Blake's effort he was going to let that one slide. He sprinted home to grab the prize.
DSC_8266.jpg

DSC_8263.jpg

Finn spent the majority of the time chasing the giant beach balls we had floating around.
DSC_8276.jpg

And stuffing his mouth with a grass and dirt covered Rice Krispie treat.
DSC_8279.jpg

DSC_8284.jpg

Those who could step away from the race track long enough made LEGO figure masks.
DSC_8215.jpg

Nash felt so loved, surrounded by friends and cousins. The LEGO party met all of his six year old expectations.
DSC_8235.jpg


3 comments:

  1. What a fun party--I'm sure all the kids had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing! Love all the little lego details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blast!! I wish I could have been there for all the excitement!

    ReplyDelete