Pages

17 October 2014

Web Design

As a web designer, I have had the opportunity to work with hundreds of people from all over the world. I have designed sites for clients from all walks of life, including authors, artists, veterinarians, teachers and hairstylists. I don't talk about it very often, but I love my work so much. It constantly challenges me and gives me a creative outlet that I don't find elsewhere. I look forward to opening up my laptop every night when the boys are in bed. Designing graphics, discovering new fonts and learning new web code thrills me to no end.
DSC_0338 copy

In the shuffle of the last couple of months, I didn't get to posting about the new site that our design team relaunched. It was in the works for many months and we were all so excited when it went live in August.
coming-soon2
screen
I was asked to do the photography for the new site. I don't consider myself a professional photographer by any means but I was flattered by the vote of confidence. The owner of our company and I started collaborating on ideas back in the spring and we met up several times over the course of many months to get the images just right.

Shooting still objects was so different than capturing small children which is my usual schtick. Even though the objects didn't move or complain, getting the placement and lighting and background just right proved to be a challenge. I ended up building a seamless white lightbox during our third attempt which was the ticket to success.
DSC_0315
DSC_0233
DSC_0155

This project was a labor of love but it was also so much fun. And well worth the effort for a new design we are all proud of.

Three of the local designers from our growing international team came over for a training last weekend and I was reminded once again what a blessing this "work" is. 99% of our job is done via email communication, so it was refreshing to get together in person to collaborate and talk about HTML coding tricks.
DSC_0040.jpg

My husband constantly teases me for becoming such a "coding nerd." But he is also my number one supporter, even if means that I have to take off occasionally on evenings or Saturdays to get some undisturbed work done. Working on my laptop at night also happens to be the perfect way to simultaneously snuggle up my baby while feeling somewhat productive. Win win all around.


2 comments:

  1. These photos are lovely!! You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! You did a great job. And how fun to have a new photography challenge. I want to hear more about the light box you built. I love hearing about your work and love that you've found a job that fulfills you so much.

    ReplyDelete