Pages

13 July 2012

Carnival Dayzz

Sandwiched in between our return from Europe and heading to California for my brother's wedding (more on that later), we were lucky enough to be home for our town's annual summer carnival. We felt especially fortunate to be present for the occasion, considering it was literally one of the four nights we spent at home in five weeks straight.

I wish I had a video of the expression Blake made when I told him via Skype about the upcoming carnival. He no longer cared about us returning home from Europe. He was completely focused on mapping out his ride itinerary (according to his memory from last year) and counting down the days until the big event.
DSC_1013

DSC_0943

DSC_1009

DSC_1014

DSC_1016

Sometimes the anticipation is as fun as the event itself. Blake made up a song about the carnival on the way there.

Even Nash got into the rides this year.
DSC_0060-2

And the popcorn.
DSC_0081-2

DSC_0050

DSC_0065

It's always fun to bump into neighborhood friends at the carnival.
DSC_0106-2

DSC_0126-2

The #1 hit this year was hands down the ropes course that lead to a gigantic slide. I'm pretty sure our boys snuck under the ticket taker a few times because they were so eager to climb through it over and over.
DSC_0090-2

DSC_0099-2

I am so glad that amidst our crazy summer schedule, we didn't miss out on this one highlight.


1 comment:

  1. So fun! Great pictures (do I say that every time? I think so). I think carnivals/fairs are one of the funnest things to photograph-- I love all the signs and colors. You got some great shots!

    ReplyDelete