Pages

31 July 2010

3 Showers, 2 Brides, 1 Day

That's right; this weekend I hosted not one, not two, but three bridal showers. Technically, the first shower was combined with our sister and cousin. Since they are two of seven Tanner first cousins getting married this summer (from seven different families in seven different temples), we combined their celebrations to make it easier for Tanner aunts and cousins to attend. Practically every weekend has been filled with wedding festivities, so it was much more convenient for all who attended to add one less wedding event to their schedules.

I tweaked the invitations a little to give each bride her own look, but I didn't completely redesign each one considering we only had about two weeks notice for this event.


Tricia and Taryn, the beautiful brides-to-be, were so wonderful to be willing to share bridal shower time.


We ate some delicious food (thankfully not prepared by me for showers #1 & 2).

And enjoyed many Tanners coming and going from the festivities.

Mom got a little teary-eyed throughout the event because she thought about all of the bridal showers for nieces that she had gone to in her life. She remembered always thinking about when it would be her daughter's turn, and this was finally the day of Tricia's shower!


Tricia wanted to have a separate shower for her friends, which I was happy to host since my house was already cleaned and in "shower mode." Due to a lack of weekends and time before Tricia's big day, it worked out perfectly to schedule the showers back-to-back.
 
We had about an hour window to clear away showers #1 & 2 and set up for shower #3.

I kind of love planning parties.



I ordered the cupcakes from The Sweet Tooth Fairy to avoid frosting disasters that have occurred in my home for celebrations in the past. The strawberry shortcake cupcakes were to die for! The fun paper straws came from Fort & Field.

I also have to give credit to my brother who put together an AMAZING interview video of Tricia and Jacob that we viewed at all of the showers. Maybe it's just because I love Tricia and Jacob, but the video gives me chills every time I watch it. My brother has some serious skills. You should watch their story on their wedding blog if you want to laugh, have mushy feelings flood in towards your significant other, and envy those that have a Jorden Nash (my bro) in their lives.

I had so much fun planning for this event. I wanted it to be really special because I just love Tricia. I didn't have any sisters growing up, but I feel so lucky to have married into such a wonderful sisterhood. I am so excited that Tricia is getting married soon!


5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had some serious parties going on! I also love how everything was matchy-matchy. Congrats to the brides-to-be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The parties look great. I'm way impressed with the way you pulled off three showers in just a few hours. And you never cease to amaze me with your decorating skills. You and Tricia are both so cute. You even look like sisters! She's lucky to have such a wonderful sister-in-law as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you are one amazing women. 3 showers in a day is very impressive and they turned out darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks SO fun!!! I'll bet everyone had an amazing time. You're turning into quite the event planner :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute! I love the Jones sodas...they look so bright and fun with everything. Great job!

    ReplyDelete