Pages

27 March 2009

Bebe Shower

I hosted a baby shower last night for my friend Katie. She is having a girl, hence the pink and brown galore.

I hung up onesies in the front window.

These topiaries were kind of an afterthought. I had everything made for the shower and decided I couldn't resist making some of these with my leftover paper. Little did I know they would require the purchase of a mini saw and a late night trip to the store to get different types of pins that wouldn't kill my fingers. I finished the topiaries at 1am the evening before the shower, but I was happy with the result. They added a nice touch and a bunch of the ladies even gathered around while I gave them step by step instructions on how to make them.

My most proud accomplishment was that I sewed for the first time ever. I knew these nursing covers/hooter hiders were easy to make, so I ventured out and bought a teeny, cheap little sewing machine and went to town. Of course I had to have thorough instructions from my mom, but I did it. Now Troy can't give me a hard time about not being able to hem his pants. Because I bet I could do it.

I got to use my little cupcake stand again, and, you guessed it, displayed pink and brown cupcakes and toppers.

Just beverages, I know, but don't they look pretty?

My friend Yuki made the darling mommy-to-be an amazing diaper cake.

I am so grateful for the ladies that helped pull off this shower.


5 comments:

  1. you are AMAZING! the whole thing looks so professionally done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Linds, you should be a party planner. You can't ever give anything a half-effort! You put the rest of us to shame. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out so great! You should post a tutorial on how to do those topiarys. I would love to make one for my next party I throw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow-awesome shower!
    I love the topiaries! how did you learn how to do them?
    I sewed something for the first time this week, too! It's so fun, and now I feel like I can do anything! :)

    ReplyDelete